DIGITAL LIGHT SYNTHESIS (DLS)
Digital Light Synthesis™ technology (DLS for short), enabled by Carbon’s proprietary CLIP™ process, is a breakthrough technology that uses digital light projection, oxygen permeable optics, and programmable liquid resins to produce parts with excellent mechanical properties, resolution, and surface finish.
Parts: 1 to 50,000
Shipped in: 1 to 3 days
- Injection Moulding Replacement
- Production Parts
- Rigid, High Temp, Elastomeric
Digital Light Synthesis™ produces consistent and predictable isotropic mechanical properties, creating parts that are solid on the inside like injection molded parts.
With a build volume measuring 7.4 in x 4.6 in x 12.8 in (18.9 cm x 11.8 cm x 32.6 cm), integrated connectivity, and Carbon’s groundbreaking Digital Light Synthesis™ technology, the M2 is the perfect printer for any application.
Carbon offers a new level of design freedom and product quality for industrial, aerospace, and military applications. Digital Light Synthesis™ accelerates product innovation by eliminating tooling lead times and cost without sacrificing quality, providing a platform for companies to tap into low quantity, high margin markets and special product offerings.
Our DLS Material Offering
Whether you are making one or a million, with Carbon you can produce end-use parts with industrial grade materials and exceptional surface finish. We’re honored to be working with customers who are building the products and businesses of the future.
- Exceptionally tough and durable
- Resists breakage and handles challenging functional assemblies
- Great for snap fits, assemblies and demanding applications
- Ideal for master patterns for vacuum casting
EPU is our elastomeric material family. Its combination of tear strength, energy return, and elongation makes it perfect for cushioning, impact absorption, vibration isolation, gaskets, and seals. Our EPU family (EPU 40 and EPU 41) is especially well-suited for producing elastomeric lattices to create foam-like product experiences.
- Elastomeric Lattices for foam like products
- Vibration insolation
- Impact absorption
Rigid Polyurethane is our most versatile rigid material family. It is used across a wide range of industries, including consumer products, automotive, and industrial. RPU 130 is strong, tough, and heat resistant.
RPU is comparable to an unfilled thermoplastic like nylon or polypropylene.
- Consumer Products
Offering high impact strength, cycle life, and CLIP’s exceptional surface finish, FPU is a material without equal in the additive industry. It is designed to withstand repetitive stresses, making it ideal for tough enclosures, hinging mechanisms, and friction fits.FPU is comparable to polypropylene.
- Tough Enclosures
- Hinging Mechanisms
- Friction fit products
- MPU 100 is Carbon’s first medical-grade material, designed to help medical product manufacturers accelerate product development cycles and improve the quality of their products
- MPU 100 is suitable for medical products and devices, consumer health care products, and drug contact applications including*:
– Components of medical equipment systems (e.g. covers, guards, adapters)
– Skin contact applications (e.g. prosthetics)
– Single-use surgical instruments (e.g. handles, guides, trials)
– Drug contact devices (e.g. inhalers, auto-injectors, pill bottles, single use bioprocessing devices)
With a 231°C heat deflection temperature, strength, and stiffness, CE 221 is perfect for applications that need long term thermal stability, like under-the-hood components, electronics assemblies, and industrial products.
CE is comparable to glass-filled nylon.
- Long term thermal stability
- under the hood components
- Electronic assemblies
- Industrial products
- SIL 30 is a silicone urethane. It is the first additive material to offer a unique combination of biocompatibility, low durometer, and tear-resistance.This material opens up the ability to print customized applications for comfortable skin contact products such as headphones, wristbands, and various attachments for wearables.SIL is a specialty material available for specific production applications.
- Skin contact products
- Various wearable attachments
- The UMA family contains rigid resins similar to conventional SLA resins. They are well suited for producing manufacturing jigs, fixtures, and general purpose prototypes.